Welcome to Spring Break!
We’re already just a few hours in and my kids have gotten in countless little fights, I’ve sucked down two cups of coffee and nobody has had a bath or shower. Three hours down. 166 hours to go.
Our plan this week is a bit on hold, as we’re waiting to possibly (hopefully!) move into our new home, but for now, here is our plan. My goals for the week are to get the kids outside as much as possible (will this pretty weather stick around?), to keep our week on the inexpensive side of the budget, and to have some fun around town.
- Check out the new spring collection at The Children’s Place (I’m the kids’ fashion contributor for Savvy Sassy Moms)
- Check out a school playground on the way home for the Bellingham Bucket List
- Let the kids finish watching The Shaggy Dog, while I squeeze in some work (fingers crossed!)
- Visit Hovander in the morning, with coffee-in-hand, of course
- Check out the Spring Movie Matinee at the Bellingham Public Library (title name to come! starts at 2 p.m.)
- Grab some craft goodies at Micheal’s (I’ll leave the wine at home this time.) for a few Pinterest-inspired re-makes. I’m thinking about something like this? Or maybe these?
- Try to visit the SPARK Museum in the afternoon
- Go on a cupcake-tasting tour around Bellingham. (Haggen, Pure Bliss, Katie’s, Cupcakes Like it Sweet? Any other suggestions?)
- Run off all of that sugar somewhere outside
- Take the kids to see Muppets Most Wanted
- Check another school playground off of the to-do list
- Grab a stack of old school kids’ movies from Crazy Mikes for a movie night at home
- Try to sneak out after the kids are in bed for a mini-date night
Sounds like a fun packed week! We went to birch bay yesterday to play in the sand and picnic. It was freezing but beautiful!