Ugh. Trader Joe’s. I love you and hate you, all at once.
I mean, I certainly love you more when I don’t have all three kids with me. There just isn’t enough room in those teeny-tiny aisles, is there? Especially with three little ones trailing behind me, like little ducklings.
I ran into more than one person I know at Trader Joe’s yesterday and as I left, I was hoping that they didn’t actually witness me shopping, because it’s not pretty. And, I say some weird stuff as I shop… to my kids. Obviously.
Here’s a little sampling. Please tell me you’ve said these things, or something equally as odd, to your kids when you were grocery shopping. Please, oh, please.
10 Things I said to my kids at Trader Joe’s yesterday
1. Don’t throw your flip-flops.
2. Did you just lick that bread?
3. There’s the yeti!
4. Stop touching that. Stop touching that. Stop touching that. (Repeat, until we leave.)
5. No, I’m not buying you your own bottle of salt to keep in your room.
6. Don’t spit that out.
7. Watch for Canadians. They’re not watching for you.
8. Did you just lick that bag of chips?
9. Stop pretending you’re a bunny.
10. Sure, you can have some coffee. Get one for mommy while you’re over there.