Can I confess that I get a lot done during these pre-season games? It’s sort of like getting a babysitter for my husband. Also, we put the kids to bed before 7:30 tonight. Thank you, Lynden Fair. They were exhausted today.
We’re doing some catch-up this weekend, around our poor, neglected, semi-overgrown lawn and in the house. Oh, how I need to vacuum and clean the bathrooms.
The countdown until school starts in on and I’m hoping to have a fun couple of weeks with the kids, especially after two very busy weeks at work. Let’s just say there was a lot of extra screen time this past week. Good news… they survived.
Here’s what happened on bellingFAM this week:
- We wrapped up the #bellingFAM July Photo Challenge on Instagram and announced the giveaway winner for the $20 gift card to Prinstagram. My favorite pictures of the month are still to come…
- There was a little sneak peek of our week in Seattle. We had the best time… but we’re glad to be back in Bellingham, which certain feels like home now.
- The most popular post of the week was when I shared 10 things I say to my kids at Trader Joe’s. Um, this went crazy and y’all were cracking me up at the things you say to your kids at Trader Joe’s. Maybe we should all go at the same time. That would be fun. (And make me feel a litle less crazy.)
- A handful of summer book recommendations for the readers. I just started Goodnight June by Sarah Jio tonight. I’m already hooked.
- I needed your help deciding which washi tape to use to hang some Instagram pictures on the wall in our office and right now, it’s a tie between the navy and finding something else. Spoiler alert: I hung them all up with the gold washi tape and it does, in fact, look like masking tape, like many of you predicted. Back to the drawing board!
- On Facebook, we’re still just a couple of people away from 1300 Likers. The 1300th person, and the person who shared bellingFAM with them, gets a little something in the mail from me, so if you’re so inclined (and if you like getting mail!), go share it.
And, other things I wrote this week when I wasn’t here:
- Kid street style: Meet Nolie and Ever // on Savvy Sassy Moms
- How to wear boat shoes // on allParenting
- Introducing Mac & Mia, a kids’ clothing subscription // on Savvy Sassy Moms
- What you need to know before buying a new dishwasher // on allParenting
- Shoes without laces for back-to-school // on Savvy Sassy Moms
Thank you for spending time on bellingFAM!