There have been a lot of things and people weighing heavily on my mind and on my heart this week. Just life, you know. It’s a crazy ride sometimes, isn’t it? And, in the midst of it all, talking about things like shoes and clothes and such seems insignificant. Sigh…
Okay, deep breaths. Let’s get on to the weekend, shall we?
We’re attending a fun fundraiser tonight (at the new Buffalo Hot Wings restaurant that opens in Bellingham next week!) and have pumpkin carving plans on Saturday… Sounds like it will be a stormy weekend in Bellingham, which is just what the doctor ordered!
What are you doing this weekend?
Here’s what’s been happening on bellingFAM the past few weeks:
- I shared a few books I’ve been reading on my fall reading list. Trying to get through Tell the Wolves I’m Home right now, but feeling super bogged down. Have you read it?
- The coat closet makeover on The House on Fremont Street is finally done… and we’re still loving it… minus the stink of my kids’ shoes!
- Speaking of The House on Fremont Street, we chatted about inexpensive floor lamps. And why they’re so ugly.
- Do you watch Scandal? I shared my thoughts on the season premiere, which was pretty much crazy town… and has continued to be just as crazy. Can’t say this season is my favorite… yet.
- Our family grew my two family members earlier this month. Meow, meow.
- This giveaway and these dresses from City Kid Style were a huge hit.
- Over the summer, I traded in my gas guzzler for a week with the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Here’s why I’d go hybrid, in a heartbeat.
- I finally got around to posting about my third box from Stitch Fix, which was my favorite so far. Stay tuned for a review of my fifth delivery next week!
- This post on Fall 2014 TV shows was a huge, unexpected hit, which made me so excited. I didn’t realize I had so many closet TV watchers… and I love it.
- A quick update on our washi tape Instagram photo wall.
- We launched a new series this week, What Katie Loves, which will be posted every Monday.
- Last, but not least, my breakup with tall rain boots and some of my favorite short rain boots.
And, here’s what I’ve been working on when I wasn’t here:
- If you haven’t voted yet, we’re up for a King5 Best of Western Washington award for Best Parenting Blog. We were holding strong in the top five for a while, but I think we’ve dropped down. We’d love your vote! Today is the last day!
- I got a sneak peek at the upcoming collaboration from GapKids and kate spade new york, which is amazing. It is online and in-stores (not Bellingham, sadly) on 10.30.2014, but only for two week!
- These tips for easy kid birthday parties was such a hit this week… I love chatting with my mom friends for articles like this. I have it on Pinterest, in case you want to save it for later…
- etnies Kids sent us some shoes from their new collection to try out AND they’re giving away a $200 shopping spree so that you can get some for yourself. Go enter! The entires are still very low, so your chances of winning are huge!
- This was an interesting debate: Do you let your kids wear ripped jeans?
- If you’re on Instagram, be sure to follow these cute kids, who we featured in our Kid Street Style series.
Thank you for spending time on bellingFAM. xxoo.
ummm….love your shoes in this pic. Do tell!
Yes! What are those shoes?!?